View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 19:43
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 165/157/125 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi Lori... I'm moving to Franklin before Christmas!

Some restaurants don't specifically have a "low carb" menu; however, they have vegetables and meats you can eat. Choose grilled chicken, red meat, seafood, broccoli, salad, other low carb veggies, cheese, etc. For instance, when I go to Longhorn, I order grilled chicken with mushrooms and asparagus. Or if I go to O'Charley's, I'll have a salad or some sort of meat... maybe buffalo wings! Ruby Tuesday's has a low carb menu (or rather, they list the nutritional contents of all their food). If I go to RT's, I'll order the soup and salad combo and have the broccoli and chedder soup with a salad. Really good stuff!!

I don't know how low you're trying to keep your carbs so your options might be limited to basically meat and veggies.

Check out Kroger's natural/organic section for lots of low carb food as well as Wild Oats near Target in Franklin (or in Green Hills if you prefer).

There are low carb and sugar free stores all over the Nashville area. There are two just down the road from me in Antioch and one just down the road from me by my place of employment. You just have to know where to look!!!