View Single Post
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-04, 22:28

Plan: Anabolic diet
Stats: 355.0/308.0/230.0 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

With all due respect, the path to a full blown eating disorder is a slippery one, and you may be on your way. The method of cheating you use is counterproductive for many reasons, such as:

1. Digestion begins in the mouth, so you are getting some of those sugars and starches whether you know it or not.

2. By feeding you cravings, you are not letting yourself kick the sugar addiction. (btw, you are definetly addicted to sugar, if you find yourself resorting to chewing and spitting out your food even semi-regularly). Its like a smoker that cuts down to 1 cigarette a day, you prolong the agony and never kick the addiction.

3. This behavior will almost certainly lead to more drastic behavior in the future (i.e. binging, binging/purging, or eating all your food in a like manner to help weight loss in a bind). It is most certainly a gateway to places you don't want to be.

4. Its bad for your ego. There is no sense of accomplishment for "keeping on track" in this manner. I doubt you ever feel good about yourself after "binging and spitting", and its easy to see how this type of behavior can erode self confidance.

5. It is a terrible waste of food, time, and energy. I don't think this needs any explanation.

Some people reason that "whatever it takes to keep you on plan is fine. Atkins discouraged sugar alcohols (intermittently), but said that if it helps you stay on plan, go ahead and endulge. Others believe in cheat days or cheat meals, and some even totally shun their veggies and or vitamins. While each of these can be justified in certain circumstances, I don't see how your method of "cheating" can be justified or rationalized in the slightest bit.

I hope you'll at least consider giving up this and sticking to your plan as closely as you can. If you can pull of 2 weeks (1 week in my opinoin) or clean induction, you will have no need to use such insidious tactics. In any case, good luck to you, and good health.