#12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 13:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 204/155/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default I agree with Victor

This way of life is about omitting harmful carbs from our lifestyles. I have found that after being lc for six months, I was grateful to find the endulge line of chocolate bars. Having been without sugar for virtually that length of time, the bars taste just like I remember chocolate tasting. (My 14 yr old daughter says they aren't sweet enough!) It's not something I eat daily, however, I have enough in the house to have one every day for a month, so that if I am having a need for sweet, with no sugar free jello, or whipping cream available (not likely as I use heavy whipping cream in my coffee) I grab a bar. Also, with my job, had I not had the lc bars, Atvantage, Edge, etc. I would have been doomed to failure! I attend two to three functions a month which include fine dinning. I am expected to eat with my customers. Most times, there are cheeses, salads, as well as roasted meats or filets to pick from, however, specialty meals, such as Chinese New Years, Cinco DeMayo, etc, the bars save me. Then there are the Golf Tournaments, where the Club House provides sandwich lunches with chips, candy bar, fruit & soda.
These lc bars have been a God Send to me in so many ways.
I am embarrased to admit that the only excercise I get apart from some stairs at work, and bowling 3 times a week is to move my arm from my plate to my mouth. I may not have lost what I have in record time, however, in less than a year I got to 69% of my goal. Not being a Spring Chicken, I believe that result is no less than a miracle!
Seeing as how this WOL is just that, in order to eat better for my health, I will continue to use all the low carb products that will help me maintain my chosen way of eating.
When I found that most bacon was cured with sugar of one kind or another, I had already lost 25 lbs eating the bacon at work. So to be too paranoid about a few carbs which don't impact my sugar level seems a bit extreme.
So, I, along with Victor, am a supporter of what Atkins was trying to accomplish with their break down of carbs on thier products!

My two cents worth.
Murp