View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 12:23

Plan: General
Stats: 255/202/200
BF:
Progress: 96%

I'm not sure about other brands, but the Atkins bar (as sited in posts above) does say right on the packaging that the carbohydrate figure is omitting the "carbs" that are associated with glycerin and polydextrose.

If you're concerned with the specific "nutritional facts", and not only those details that apply to the Atkins diet, then it's likely you know how to calculate the "hidden carbohydrates" regardless.

Call me crazy, but I'm glad they're labelled as such. When I started using these bars, if I had seen a "carb count" of 29g with a footnoted statement about the "Atkins carbs", I probably wouldn't have started using them. I would have been too concerned about the impact they would have on my diet. (Which would have been a mistake for me.)

Maybe I'm naive, but given the way they're labeled, and the purpose of the company producing them, I was open to making them a part of my dieting regime. [I did, of course, do a little research into the details of some of the contents of the bars to dispel some lingering concerns.]

Many people in these forums seem to have a militant stance against these bars. WE'RE DIETING FOLKS. We're trying to lose weight and maintain general health. Most of us aren't in a situation where trying these things are going to be detrimental to our health. If you were diabetic and considering the use of an Atkins bar I'd understand being hesitant. But if you're just trying to find foods that will help you achieve your goals of weight loss, than it's possible these bar could help. I know they've been helping me.

That's the reason for my post, really. No one seems to be taking a supporting stance in favor of these things. Since they have worked so well for me I feel obliged to do so. Two of my three meals a day are Atkins bars. One for the breakfast and one for lunch. (When I started I was originally just having the breakfast bars but adopted a bar for lunch after a couple of weeks). My weight loss experience has been phenomenal... I couldn't be happier with the results. Granted, I've only been using them for about a month, but so far so good.

That's it for now...

Happy dieting folks!

--Victor