View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 11:16

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

hang in there! The weight will come off, in fits and starts. Stay off the scale if it drives you nuts; instead use a pair of too-tight jeans to measure your loss (it's actually more accurate than the scale!)

I think it's also a good idea to keep our eyes on a period down the road--say next New Year's Eve. You'll look wonderful in your dress, you'll wake up with energy, you'll be playing with the triplets and be able to keep up with them! It's like...I run now, on the treadmill, and if I grow tired and decide to count down every footfall or second ticking off on the timer, that is discouraging! It fixates me on the pain of the moment. But if I relax and just run, let my mind wander, the 35 minutes is over before I know it!

You can have macaphony and cheese--cut up slivers of the firmest, lowest carb tofu you can find baked in a rich three-cheese sauce made with cream! You can have pizza--either with a meat crust and all your regular topings, or have it like I do: Glass pie plate, 1/2 c. of the lowest-carb tomato sauce, slice up some veggies or your favorite pizza meat, pour 8 ounces of grated mozerella over it (I actually prefer low-fat mozerella for this, but that's not very 'atkins' of me), bake until cheese browns, then eat with fork. You won't miss the crust, I promise! (And the glass pie plate makes clean up possible. )

The Crystal Lite could well be stalling you and perpetuating your cravings. Hunt down Diet Rite sodas (not the cola--the white grape or other flavors) and have one once or twice a week (not daily--drink water only most days).

HTH. LC is a permanent way of eating that is manageable for the long run for so many of us who have struggled with carb addictions and cravings. I hope you can find a program that, as Agonycat said, will last you forever.