View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-04, 01:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/160/120 Female 5'5'
BF:not for sure
Progress: 43%
Default Hyo throid

I have been dealing with hypo throid problems since my surgery in august of 2003. It is a trully rough experience, I am almost 20 this December and for the rest of my life I will be traped with this problem. I am taking synthroid 250mg along with alot of other calcium pills and magnetic pills. I did go on Atkins and lost weight but my doctor made me go off because of my calcium levels. No matter what for the rest of your life you will have to montor your weight especially if you do have the surgery. I went from a size 7 in August to a size 16 by December, but you have to displen your body and mind set.
I would make sure your doctor was highly trained in this field, because even though mine was there were still problems with the surgery and all of my calcium glands ended up coming out except one. It helps to have a doctor contect with you and who will minimize your scare. Also make sure to know all the side affects if or when you do have the surgery that way you wont be in shock to certain ways your body reacts, like with muscle cramps and spasms, etc...