Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 16:40
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Well... lets see, the NIH says:

Quote:
10-15 minutes of buck naked, dangling bits blowing in the wind.

And they give an healthy example:

Quote:
Try a naked jog around the park 3 times a week. That will help combat obesity and Vit. D deficiency simultaneously.

Seriously, I don't know. We'll have to research that one. Personally I'm hoping I get it from hanging my arm out of the window on my drive home.

They did also mention that you get Vit. D from eating healthy food too.

Oh! Lookee! Ask Google and ye shall find:

Quote:
He says a light-skinned person wearing a swimsuit at the beach will have absorbed about 20,000 IU of vitamin D in the time it takes their skin to get lightly pink.

The amount of sun exposure needed to get the proper dose of vitamin D depends on a person's skin type, where they live, and time of year, and time of day the exposure occurs. Holick says it is difficult for people living in northern climates to get the vitamin D they need from the sun in the winter, but in the summer a light-skinned person at the beach should get all the vitamin D they need in about five minutes.

"The trick is getting just enough sun to satisfy your body's vitamin D requirement, without damaging the skin," he says. "It is difficult to believe that this kind of limited exposure significantly increases a person's risk of skin cancer."

I have to assume that your body doesn't get poisoned by too much D when it makes it yourself.