View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 12:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/178/135 Female 66
BF:
Progress:
Default 85 bites

In July my doctor switched me to a low carb diet because I am hypoglycemic. This was hard, because I have always been addicted to candy and sweets. I have been following it since July, and I have not lost any weight. I am a member of TOPS, and I have 50 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight set by my doctor. I know what works for me, exercise. I just have very little time for it anymore. I started on this 85 bite thing two weeks ago. I know that I have portion control problems, and this sounded like a simple way to watch it. I have a little ticker that I use to count bites. And 85 bites may sound like it isn't much, but it really is enough. One of the benefits I found is that I don't want the donut in the lunchroom, because I don't want to waste bites on it. If I eat that, then I will feel really drained and sluggish and need to eat something with protein, so there are even more bites. I do get hungry during the day, which I didn't before, but I'm not starving, and I think I should feel hungry between meals a little bit. I have even been doing well enough to save some bites for desert in the evenings, I love Ben & Jerry's Carb Smart ice cream. I don't agree with everything in this diet, I still drink my water and I do exercise. For me, this is more about portion control and not snacking during the day. The first week, I lost 2.5 pounds, and the second week I lost 4 pounds. I did discuss what I was going to try doing with my doctor also, and she had no problem with it. She did want me to keep exercising though, which I am. I am happy with this diet so far, and every time I lose it shows me that it is working. If you try to do this and only eat sweets, you probably won't lose weight. If you look at the website of this plan, it says that you still have to eat good, but you have more allowances. It's about portion control and realizing exactly what goes into your body every day.