View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 13:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/238/145
BF:
Progress: 24%

QUOTE:
For those of us who have resolved serious health issues with a low-carb diet -- obesity, high blood lipids, diabetes, depression, fibromyalgia, addictions, etc, etc -- we have every intention to stay eating this way for the rest of our lives. Why would we want to go back to eating a way that made us sick, and would have shortened our lives if we'd continued?

How true..how true!!! Before LC, I was sleeping all the time, felt basically TERRIBLE, depression, no energy, and was probably on my way to Type II diabetis (I'm certain). Now, I'm getting better everyday. Why would I want to poison myself with literally HUNDREDS of carbs a day!

Any person who decides to eat more healthy doesn't do it for a short period of time and then go back to the way they were eating before and expect the same results. LC is a lifestyle change . The amount of carbs we eat during this lifestyle change is partly determined by our goals. When trying to "cleanse", we reduce our carbs very low. While loosing, we still keep our carbs low. And when we have reached our goals, we adjust our carbs to the level that is right for each of us. Regardless of the a weightloss plan, the end result MUST be a lifestyle change!