#10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 10:13
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Lightbulb

I started with Protein Power phase 1, back in 2000 .. lost about 30 lbs in 7 months, so roughly one lb. a week. Since then, chronic health problems have interfered and things have slowed & yo-yo'd to average about ½ lb. per week.

I dropped the carbs back to Atkins' Induction level for quite a few months, with no appreciable difference in rate of loss for me in my particular situation. More recently, I've upped the carbs back to PP phase 1 level (25 - 30g ECC), but from vegetables, low-carb fruits and occasional legumes ONLY .. no grain products or Frankenfoods, and my body is very happy with this

Not sure if my pattern of loss is typical, but it seems to happen in "chunks" as Karen describes it. So I go for a stretch of weeks and weeks .. nil, nada, nuttin' happening. Then the scales creep down a couple lbs over the course of a week or so before plateauing yet again for a few weeks. It certainly has been a lesson in patience and tenacity for me. But I have no intention to EVER go back to eating high carbs again.

Doreen