View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 12:40

Plan: In Transition
Stats: 256/180/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 66%

My family is very supportive. My son and DIL will have most everything LC. I will bring two of the families most favorite traditional Thanksgiving comfort foods that they can't seem to willingly let go of. It's not a problem for me. There will not be a temptation to deal with. I feast on the fact that no one else wants to make the dishes because they're so sure that only I can make them the way they like them.

Last year, only four months into this WOE, I had high expectations for myself. I had never once cheated then and intended to keep that status going forward. I ate small to moderate portions of the turkey, salad and steamed brocolli and cauliflower. No dessert. I fully expected to wake up the morning after showing a weight loss. NOT! I had a gain of at least one pound, maybe two.

It was the most memorable misery to have a weight gain to show for my havig been so good and so strong. I remember reading posts from low carbers who cheated, enjoyed themselves and woke up showing a weight loss. That was demoralizing and incomprehensible to me at the time.

This year I will once again eat low carb. I will be good, strong and deny myself. What I will not do is go into Thanksgiving or any other holiday ever again with expectations over which I now understand I have little control of. I've accepted that I must do what I can and not sweat the small stuff. My body has its own agenda.