#72   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 05:49
Beatrix Kiddo

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/184/160 Female 164
BF:?/41/
Progress: 63%
Default High on my body’s own dope

Tihi (a small self satisfied chuckle in Danish) today they run the New York Marathon. For a while now I’ve been secretly planning for this very day to be the first in more than 15 years that I run for a full hour. And I just did.

Clock stopped at 1:00:24 – and then I actually had to run a couple of little loops on the streets right around my apartment building to pass time. I was counting on running at a speed of 7 min/km – and I was pretty bang on that pace: I ended up running 8.67 km, so my pace was 6.55 min/km.

I’m very satisfied with that. I was in trouble a couple of times – not with my breathing or my heart rate but simple with my old tired body. Fortunately my body started producing lovely endorphins after about 45 minutes so the last 15 wasn’t too bad (I know, some say that runners high might just be the brain overloading on feel good impulses from lungs, heart and muscles . Either way it feels good).

And I did see someone in worse trouble that me – a guy who’s dog was able to keep up him while only just speed walking

Next goal is 5K in 30 minutes or less.

Polar says: Total time: 1:00:24 Average HR: 155 In zone: 1:00:06 Kcal: 649