#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 21:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Somersizing
Stats: 194/184/160
BF:
Progress: 29%
Wink Hello all you "beautiful losers"!!

Losers in the positive sense, of course!! I have been immersed in the wonderful energy of this forum for an hour now and felt it was time I quit "lurking". What a great bunch, situated in this little corner of cyberspace! I have chatted at other low-carb sites but none with the lifeline of support I feel is coming from this one!
Here's a little bit about where I'm coming from...I was an avid LCarber for over two years and then I let it get away from me. I went from 198 to 156 and maintained it for 2 yrs. Now, I am back up to 190. I had 7 mos. off work and my schedual was shot! I started having a couple of cold beers during the hot summer days...(we had alot of hot summer days!) started to eat the wrong things...ate and drank my way through the holidays...before I knew it, a year and a half had passed and I was fat again. ARRGGGG!!
It's funny, I would lay there in bed and think "Well, I know what I have to do and I'm going to start tomorrow". Yea, right. I have actually faced the denial of my addiction. It's not pretty.
I am ready to be the best I can be again. I kick myself for letting it get this far but the damage is done and there's no quick fix! I have been LC/Somersizing for the past few weeks and I am now, blessedly, back to having to remind myself to eat.
I am looking forward to sharing with you all and knowing that there are others fighting the same fight. I had to send my scale in to be fixed so I will not be a slave to it for awhile yet! I am hoping that in the next few weeks I can make that blasted thing a little closer to being a friend!!

Sunshine Smiles
Sponsored Links