View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 19:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/228/190
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Regarding effects of low carbing

I am getting great results with low carbing. This is the first time In my life I've ever been on any kind of a diet. I've always eaten whatever I want. My problem was that I allowed life to take over my ability to remain active. My hope is to low carb and excercise together, in order to speed the time it takes me to get to my goal. i then hope to be able to eat normal, while maintaining my usual high level of excercise.

There are millions of people in the world, who eat normal or high carb diets, but are active and maintain tremendous physiques. I suppose my question would be does low carbing debilitate your body's obvious ability (in most cases) to burn the carbs, rather than store them as fat, when you are active?

I believe very firmly that it is better to be active, than to be on a diet (diets are great to help you discipline your eating). I'm not sure I totally subscribe to the belief that we were created to be "meat eaters" from the start either, so it stands to reason (for me) that maintaining reasonable excercise levels is the human body's way of burning the broad dynamic of foods that we have available to us (outside, of course, of the high processed sugars and heavily fried "fast food" items that our culture takes in, though some seem to be able to burn these as well). isn't it really all about boosting the metabolic rate to the point of processing all of the chemistry taken in through food? Isn't excercise the best way to do that?

Sorry for so many questions together, but I'm interested in others' opinions on this.

Thanks