View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 23:37

Plan: General
Stats: 255/202/200
BF:
Progress: 96%

Your observation that I was displaying skeptecism was correct, at least in part. I was unclear as to why information about sugar alchohols was being sited in relation to the Atkins bars. As far as I could determine, polydextrose (a sugar polymer) and glycerin didn't fall into that catagory.

It does seem I had misconceptions about glycerin. I did a search in the forums and read a few messages, one with a detailed break-down of its potential effects. It does sound like some people will react to it. I guess the only thing one can do, if they care to partake of these substances, is to do some testing using their own body.

As I mentioned in the original post, I don't seem to be suffering as a result of consuming them. I couldn't be happier with the amount of weight I've lost, and how quickly I've lost it. The bars make up two of my three meals in any given day. Though I'm not really following a specific dieting plan (such as Atkins). To sum up my regime: take in as little carbs as possible. (And I'd say I'm keeping it under 20g a day which falls into the Atkins induction.) Also, the amount of food I'm eating, overall, is probably less than most people would find comfortable. So it's possible that my low calorie intake alone could be the factor in my weight loss, regardless of the carbs in the bars, but I find that hard to believe (given the rapid nature of the weight loss.)

By the way, thank you for the reading suggestions. I'll definitely look into the sources of information you mentioned.

--Victor