#15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 20:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/221/150 Male 5' 8"/1.72m
BF:
Progress: 12%
Smile 'broad' mens board

I love it here with or without a separate 'guys' board. I'd be checking in more often, except there just aren't enough hours in a day (plus I'm a painfully slow typist). I've never felt shy about chiming in (though I worry sometimes that some might not appreciate my general flippancy--I'm not rude; just shallow & glib ). I've taken 'guy' slanted questions to the Atkins or Health boards, & had great responses; I've never felt excluded.

Maybe guys don't last long enough (there's a party joke waiting to happen) because of that guy metabolism thing that seems to let them lose on most plans faster than ladies, and upon reaching goal weight (& being guys) they lose focus, & wander off to 'the next thing'

I'm here 'cuz of a lot of reasons, silly to dead serious, but one of them is my 14 yr. old daughter. I mean, not just that sappy (but true) stuff about wanting to be there with her, but I'm remembering what a cruel time of life adolescence can be, & while I know she'd never say anything about it, I'll bet she kind of shudders inwardly when we're all together at a parent/student function. I've always been a part of her world, sometimes just another 'big kid', & while it's natural for teens to draw apart emotionally a bit from their parents at this age, I don't want my size to exacerbate the problem.

Regardless, I'll keep posting, & I've got to tell you, I kind of enjoy being part of the general population. We're all in the same boat here, and given the visual 'anonymity' of posting, we get to shine for our wit, or our earnestness, or all the human things about us that the world at large( ) doesn't get to see when we're out there in person. Being one of a small population of guys in a predominantly female population is kind of fun (No, DW, I'm not flirting online!!)