View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-01, 14:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/171/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default probably meds

I'm on hrt and Dr. A does mention that as a staller. Also beta blockers for hypertension. It's all a circle. My doc says lose weight to control blood pressure, but beta blockers are also mentioned somewhere in the Dr. A lit. as a stall culprit. My doc cut the beta blockers in half 3 weeks ago which I guess is why i got renewed hope. But, no change in weight or inches. I don't think he's going to take me off the hormones as heart problems run big time in my family and w/o them I'm in the high risk post-menopausal range. I'll find out on Tues. when I see him. In the meantime, guess I should also try curbing the calories (a per your advice R. Mines) which would mean being less liberal with the olive oil on salads and mayo. Also, heavy cream. Damn! The fat element was the main thing that made Dr. A's diet livable as a regime in my life when I'm at the stage of middle age when I'm inclined to say, it's time to relax. It's not as if I've been feasting either. Well, Tuesday's doc visit should give me more info as I'll get results of blood tests on choleresterol and glucose. I'm not really in big danger of giving up this woe as I really do want to get control over health dangers, and I would enjoy buying some new clothes. I have about 40 - 45 more lbs to lose. My current 7-10 lb loss dates from the start of the diet on Jan. 10