View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 15:11

Plan: General
Stats: 255/202/200
BF:
Progress: 96%

Let me make a disclaimer here. I'm not trying to give anyone advice on how to move forward with their diet. I'm just saying what has worked for me, and was trying to provide some clarification on a couple of issues based on the limited research I've done.

Firstly, my deciding to post a response to this message was in part to see if any of my impressions of how to read the Nutrition Facts on the bars were incorrect. As best I can tell, they aren't. If someone provides information otherwise, so be it. If I'm wrong I definitely want to know...

You seem to be making an assertion that Glycerin could impact a persons blood sugar level? For all I know, you're right. If you actually have evidence along these lines please let me know.

The information you provided stating 1 calorie per polydextrose and 4.36 per glycerol is helpful... but I wanna ask... is glycerol and glycerin the same thing? Regardless, we still don't have enough information to definitively determine what part of the 110 calories or unspecified origin are glycerin and which are polydextrose... And at this point, I'm still not sure that I'm concerned either way.

--Victor