View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 14:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins HIGHLY Modified
Stats: 247/195/135
BF:
Progress: 46%

It's normal to be tired at first as your body switches chemistry. It needs different enzymes to burn fat vs. carbs so for awhile you will be tired. Also adding potassium, ca and mg and a multivit will help.

Now for the diet. Go on over to the journals and post your daily food intakes there and people can comment for you. Also head over to www.Fitday.com and input everything (make sure the amounts are correct) and you'll receive a definitive breakdown.

Ok now on the food:
Be careful about the cherry tomatos they contain a lot of carbs further carrots are a no no on induction. Next chicken broth, canadian bacon, italian sausage, pepperoni, you're doing a large sodium load so be prepared for water retention. Further if these contain nitrates and citric acid you may stall your weight loss.

On Atkins he says not to eat anything not on the induction food list. Sugar Free Jello isn't on the induction list that I can find. He also says no Equal. He also says to drink lots of water. I don't see any water listed? Did you drink any?? Coffee and tea aren't water. Now this may not help if this is the Mayo clinic diet I don't know what that is. So if this is all allowed on that diet. Please disregard everything I said.

Keep hanging in there! You started and that's what counts!! We all end up tailoring our diets to meet our own personal needs and you will find what does and doesn't work for you personally by trial and error.
Jo