#3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 14:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
If Splenda is used as an ingredient; in, oh let's say a Carbolite candy bar, which form of Splenda is it?

That would be the sucralose concentrate WITHOUT filler (there's already plenty of filler in the bar ). Filler is added to retail packets and "granular" to make it "handle-able" because it's really a teeny tiny amount of the actual sucralose, the chemical patented and tradenamed Splenda. That's why we want the Liquid, cuz the "filler" is then distilled water (we hope) which is carb-free compared to the dextrins. Eh?

Quote:
Do manufacturers have to disclose dextrose and maltodextrin as an ingredient if they list "Splenda?"

Only if they use the retail Splenda with filler (which makes no sense as it would drive the cost through the roof). Watch out for bake sale goods with Splenda, but manufactured goods are 99.9% NOT using the retail Splenda.

Quote:
I can't find the tablet form of Splenda either. Synergy.com has the item on backorder. Does anyone else know of a site?

If there IS a tablet form (I'll go check www.synergydiet.com soon), it is probably imported from South America, like the briefly available liquid was, and is no longer available due to import & licensing arguments by the makers of the US Splenda... I haven't heard of any available in recent months! It's certainly not on the Splenda webpages (US or Canada) so not likely available any time soon!

Hope this helps.