#4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-01, 09:28
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Exclamation this is in reference to the above article

posted on behalf of an ailing debbiedobson -- -- get well soon!

------- Original message -----------

To: http://www.onelist.com/community/CelebrateLowCarb ** requires membership (free) with yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 12:35 PM
Subject: [CelebrateLowCarb] War Against Low Carbing/OT/No Recipe/ LC Advocacy

I got this from another listowner:

"Hi all, I just heard that CNN News attacked Dr. Atkins and the major Low Carb diets last night. Apparently, cardiologists and nutritionists have had enough of this "dangerous," "fad" diet and "The American Heart Association has drafted an advisory paper warning the public about what it says are the dangers of high-protein diets." I missed the TV news event but here is a link for CNN News about it. Did anyone else see this on the news? It sounded pretty nasty, like war was being declared against Atkins and Low Carb according to my friend who was telling me about it."

I wrote the following letter to CNN in response to the asinine coverage of low carbohydrate diets. Since there was no specific link to respond to the article in question, I used their "Ask CNN A Question" form. I urge all of you to do so, too, and to spread the word to your other low carbers to do the same thing.

We shut down NBC's email after Katie Couric's unfair interview of Dr. Atkins. Let's go after CNN, too.

Di

Quote:
"Why isn't CNN concerned with ACCURATE reporting? Why don't you actually do some RESEARCH about the stories you print and/or cover? To contradict Elizabeth Cohen's less-than-learned article concerning the detrimental health effects of low carbohydrate diets, I have experienced a DROP in my LDL cholesterol level of over 40 points, a RISE in my HDL cholesterol levels of over 20 points, and a DROP in my triglyceride levels from an alarming 446 to a much more satisfactory 106. My blood pressure are fallen from 170/120 to 120/66. My kidney function in normal. My liver function is normal. I am over 50 pounds lighter - and it ISN'T ALL WATER, for crying out loud!

CNN is obviously more concerned with its advertising revenues from junk food manufacturers than it is with journalistic integrity. Way to go. You've lived down to my expectations of you yet again.
Sincerely,

Diana Bauer"
-- Actually, I located a more appropriate place for comments and complaints, click here CNN's Health articles Feedback form Also, they ask for the URL of the article pertaining to your comment(s). Here it is, copy and paste http://www.cnn.com/2001/HEALTH/diet...eart/index.html ---Doreen ......