View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 22:29

Plan: Trim-Wise: LifeForce International
Stats: 213/209/150
BF:32%/??/ 21%
Progress: 6%
Cool You're in the right place!

Take a spin through the journals, hon, and see what you can find of interest. I spent a couple of hours doing that the first time I visited this site, and now look...

Seriously, I notice one thing in particular that *leaped* out at me from your post here. "Eating hardly anything." That doesn't work on this WOL, hon. You need to EAT. EAT LOTS. Your weight times 10-12 in calories, to be precise--and that's the *minimum.* For me that means my *lowest* target for a daily intake is over 2100 calories.

And while you're eating all those calories (or trying to!) you get to learn how to balance your intake. Please don't get scared off by all of this! Honestly, it's the way to make this work. Most of your calories (70% is the target) come from fats. Real fats. Butter, cream, salad dressings, oils, nuts, sour cream, cream cheese... and meat fats like bacon drippings. And fats in cheeses (real cheeses, not those low-fat fake things). Only about 5% of your calories should come from carbs, and those need to be the good ones--found in leafy dark green veggies, or nuts, or some cheeses (like cottage), or whole grain bread (once you're off induction, that is). The rest, about 25%, comes from protein. I turned it all into a huge game: I plan my next day's menu the night before, using FitDay.com, and see how close I can come to the exact 70/5/25 ratio.

I'll shut up now and let one of the real pros talk. Hope to see you start a journal, if you haven't already--I don't have time to read *every* grouping, but I'll look for you!