View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 20:20

Plan: Schwarzbein prin
Stats: 158/155/120
BF:
Progress:

Hah!!

Thanks for all your thoughts, and you all crack me up, too!

animal doc- don't say you're not real docs! My doggy (yellow lab named Bear) is my bestest friend! (pathetic, eh?) But if he needed care, I'd sure appreciate someone like you. Besides, my equally animal-crazy 15 yr. old son wants to be a vet.

MaryB.- yeah, I thought Ringers had dextrose in dome amt.--can't remember- been 15 yrs. outr of the hospital setting. Should have been a teacher.

Nat- you're right-- Doreen would be an excellent expert on this. I'm thinking they would have to drag me,too.

Tawnya-- I agree- they make pregnancy and delivery a medical condition in too many cases. I always got to the hosp. at about 7-8 cm., and too --occupied--to argue w/ them. And even though I was a gestational diabetic, I'm glad doc was laid back enough (or senile- he delivered my husband- ) to do a blood test only in the 8th mo. of my second pregnancy, when I was big -for-dates AGAIN. Both of my kids were in the close to 10 # range (and I'm 5'1"--you can picture that- an Easter egg on legs) but we were FINE and delivery was a breeze and FAST. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones, but my point is a lot of it is not necessary. A sonogram every mo.??? geez

Thanks again for thinkin' along w/ me and my crazy head!

yb