View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 20:40
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

If you can possibly afford it, stay in a hotel. That's the only way I can deal with my mother who also knows how everyone else should eat, won't let anyone do anything in her kitchen, and isn't shy about expressing her opinion. If we have to stay under the same roof for more than 24 hours -- especially if it is her roof -- it is a bad scene. The money for a hotel is worth it because it gives me a place to retreat to. I just tell her that her house is too crowded with all of us in it and my husband is more comfortable in a hotel. It's true, when we go there with both kids she really doesn't have good accommodations for all of us. If we wanted to stay, we'd squeeze in, but I don't want to! I'm just firm about it, I tell her that is what we are doing and I don't let her question it.

I am going to see my mother this weekend and I will stay with her, but I am arriving late Saturday afternoon and leaving late Sunday morning and it's just me -- my husband and kids are staying home. That is the longest I will stay in her house. I suspect (or at least hope) that she will be on good behavior, because I haven't been up to visit her for quite a while and she has been begging me to make this visit.