View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-01, 12:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/171/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default What a wonderful group of people.

This morning, looked over the messages sent since my original wail. So many good suggestions and good will on the part of you all. Thanks again. I'm staying pretty close to induction, few processed foods except proscuitto salami (150 grams twice in the last 4 weeks), no sugar free drinks or any other artificially sweetened products (though I did make Karen's macaroons with less splenda than in the recipe--so far have eaten 4 of them over a week timespan). No caffeine. I basically eat meat, shrimp, salad with olive oil and balsamic, spag squash w butter, occasional sugar peas, gr. beans, zuke, eggplant (in moussaka--I added a small tin of crushed tomates, 5 carb grams for the whole tin, got 6 portions out of the recipe so few grams coming from those), cambazola cheese, cheddar, macadamia or pistachios in shells for snack, bacon and 2 eggs for brekkie, just eggs when it's a work day. Also use heavy cream when req to thicken sauces. The thing that puzzles me is that I'm not into big quantities--no big handfuls of nuts or seconds of toothsome things like the moussaka and chicken w thyme recipe. No problem with staying in ketosis (wouldn't that be reduced with hidden carbs?). Ah well, I'll keep on one day at a time as you say. Definitely will get out for walks in this blissful spring weather.