View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 12:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/142/120 Female 5'5"
BF:?%/27%/cur20%18%
Progress: 44%

Just to throw my cents in, I tend to agree with its the Wooo based upon my experience. Please keep in mind I have had my thyroid checked and the values register normal, even though my body temp stays around 96.6 most days. I had been at 1200-1300 cal 20carbs exercising 45minutes daily and lost 3 lbs over 6 months. Those were lost when I actually increased my claories a bit sporadically to 1500-1600.

In addition, I was unable to exercise as I had been after a recent surgery and even keeping my calories at 1200 20 carbs with a daily 2 mile walk I gained 1.5lbs. that I am wokring on losing now that I can exercise fully again.

Finally, years ago when losing dieting strenuously, I lowered my daily intake to 500 calories an dmaintained my weight on that for several months (of course I was very unhealthy) but actually had to gain weight (10ish lbs) before I was able to improve my metabolism.

Th point, our bodies are very adaptable, some more than others. In times of famine this would be a great asset, but not so good when trying to lose weight and unfortunately your body does not recognize the difference.

Kristen