View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 08:36

Plan: Atkins-like
Stats: 215/170/170 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 100%

I looked a the two studies you cited, and both of these were dealing with true semi-starvation diets right? So we are making a real jump, to assume that someone who is stalled is in starvation mode. Not saying it cannot happen, but I do think that the greater tendency, is to overeat the high calorie foods that are allowed in "unlimited amounts". At least that is my experience. Fortunately for me, I didn't hit a real plateau till I was nearly to where I wanted to be.

FOr a lot of us overweight folks, our eating habits include eating a large quantity of food. Now when we eat high-fat and low carb, we naturally get and stay full quicker. But I think some of the old habits can still bleed through this barrier to overconsumption. When you are used to eating a large volume, there is more to breaking that habit than just satisfying hunger. In fact, I don't think hunger was that much involved when I would scarf down 6 doughnuts at work.

Not saying the carb cycling isn't a tool to consider, just that the principles underlying its utility may or may not be explained through disruption of a semi-starvation state.