Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 08:04
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 160/150/112 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default My sincerest apologies

Dear Alaine,

I had no intention of making fun of the esteemed Mr Kaufmann. He was a trail blazer indeed, and to think that that upstart Atkins takes all the credit!

Actually, although the paperback that I possess was also published in 1965, it doesn't mention Kaufmann's name anywhere. It is most certainly American from the types of foods within (succotash, broiled haunch of beaver, hominy grits etc).
Perhaps it is a plagiarised version, tailored to suit our stars and tripes cousins.

It was published by Dell and reprinted,I might add, no less than 19 times which took it to 1973, when it cost a mere 95 cents. It cost me 20. Not such a bad mark down!

Looking at your profile, I see you list 'candle-wicking' among your interests. Pray tell, what is that?

Fly fishing too, an art indeed. Did you watch that lovely series on the ABC called"On a River Somewhere" made by those chappies from The Panel.

I am not a keen fisher woman myself but fly fishing seems to achieve a sort of parity between man and fish. An intricate and beautiful occupation.

Yes, as Hagar the Horrible once said: "Onward, onward, I will not stop, until I reach the very top, through storm and hail I will advance, through wind and rain and avalanche, tho' lesser folks fall by the wayside, I alone endure the ride"

Alone Alaine, yet united in our quest for a lower weight.

May you succeed.