View Single Post
  #125   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 11:32
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

My parents were both from New Brunswick. My mom was from Campobello Island and my dad was born in New Mills. I was born in Toronto.

I picked the nickname because I happened to find a postcard in my mother's things after she died that my dad had mailed me from NB when I was a child.
When he went home to NB for his mother's funeral when I was around 10 years old I asked him if he could bring me back a lobster. I never knew he was going for a funeral...they kept that fact from us children and since we kids had to stay in school we could not go to NB with him. I do not remember if our mother stayed with us while he went alone or if she went with him and left us with a sitter. My memories are spotty from that time.

When I came across the postcard I asked my dad about it and he told me a little bit and that postcard started me into collecting lobster related items. I have a little collection of lobster salt and pepper shakers, beanies babies, stuffed toys and plates and postcards.

The postcard my dad sent me is one of a cooked lobster and on the back my dad had written..'Here is the lobster that you wanted'. Currently he is still trying to find a lobster trap for me.

I will try to come to the next get together and I will see if my boys want to go to the Mandarin a little earlier then we normally do so we can drop in to see you. I will ask them tonight.