View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 07:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/222.2/140
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hello Everyone

Wow - what incredible support!! I started the induction again yesterday and after a really good eating day, I feel quite enthusiastic. A group of us have joined a gym together so we are all going to classes, swimming and working out on different nights - great feeling. Although only one of those is following in my footsteps of low-carbing

I was a little disappointed over the weekend to discover I have gained back 2 pounds . I am not too sure why exactly. I suspect my scales are a bit out and that I didn't really lose that extra 2 pounds in the first place. But I also know that I have not been eating correctly (salted nuts being the main culprit!!). Problem is a I really do like salt but have figured that I undo all the good work I am doing by drinking 4-5 litres of water a day, by dehydrating myself with all that salt.

Also, my partner joined me on the diet as of yesterday, only to confess this morning that he had a work launch party yesterday and he ate all the wrong foods and dranks pints of larger!!!! He told me he was starting again today, but without having had breakfast and no packed lunch in his hand as he left for work and a trip to the rugby tonight - I don't think he will make it. Bless him though, his intentions were good in that he wanted to support me (and getting to eat my creamy chicken dinners!! )

Anyway, I will look forward to conversing with you all, sometimes I don't feel that I am doing the right thing and am tempted to go back to low-fat diets which I know how to follow (after years of unsuccessful practice!). But then I come in and read what other people have written and feel supported knowing that I am not alone.

Thanks for listening again. Hugs to you all.
Kat