Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 10:08

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 142/140/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 12%
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamian
I just read a recipe for pumpkin bars in the recipe forum, I think it was in sweet treats. They sound devine. Not ghoulishly halloweeny, but a great fall treat. I think I'll make these at my folks' house for thanksgiving. I'm affraid to have anything that desert-like yet though. I'm trying so hard to get past the need for sweets, even LCsweets do me in 'cause I just can't stop at one serving. Sigh. Maybe some day I'll get under control.

I was (and still occasionally) struggle with this too. I found some ways to let me enjoy LC sweets responsibly. First I only allow myself one treat per day. This way I can look forward to it and choose when I want to indulge. Second, I cut the serving(cookie, bar, fudge) into small pieces and put it on a plate. I take it to another room (bedroom, living room) and eat it piece by piece. Sometimes I'll only eat half a serving at a time, because then I can have the other half later that day...otherwise I don't allow myself any more treats for the day. Also, I never make low carb treats in big batches. I live on my own, so 2-3 serving batches is max for me. Good luck! You can do it!