View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 06:00

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

I thought about that, too, when I saw the show. I'm sure the participants were well screened by physicians as to their ability to do extreme exercise without dropping dead, but what of the general population? I hope we don't see people going out and trying to do these workouts on their own...the cardiologists and orthopedic surgeons are going to be working overtime!

I do wonder how the knee joints of some of the very overweight contestants are holding up, too. We all know that being very overweight is a huge stress on vulnerable knee joints and some of these folks may not have been doing much physical activity at all for several years. I'd be more concerned about that, I think, than the muscle soreness that comes from beginning a new exercise routine.

I also wondered about the wisdom of their doing weight training on consecutive days...aren't you supposed to give your muscles a day of rest to heal and build? Of course, I'm sure the producers of this show are more concerned about seeing big numbers on the scale than they are the health of the contestants' joints and muscles months after the show is long gone...