View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 21:30

Plan: don't
Stats: 175/165/170 Male 5'8
BF:
Progress:
Question inherited high blood pressure

Okay, first of all I don't follow atkins,south beach or any other ridiuculous fad diets because I have never been overweight for the most part. I also had a blood test to measure chemistry. Everything was damn normal. My question is if pressure is up at 145/95 on avg. and sky rocketed to 188/106 and again 190/120 three days later is there a way to get off meds once and for all. I believe that I drank way too much caffiene. Okay, I abused it badly for the past fifteen years. I had normal pressure in 96 when I was twenty five at 123/80. Okay, I read the post about 115 but that is b.s. or otherwise more people would already have died. I was swimming two miles a day in 97 and was fine. I still exercise or did till this happened. Now I have dizzy side effects and must wait. I can still walk a mile a day, changed diet to celery,carrots,oranges,lemons,breast chicken and salmon plus tunafish on wheat with no mayo. It has been 40 days since my last beer and cup of coffee or any ginseng products. I also had started taking hgh for three weeks. It was during this period that I had dizzy spells three different times and finally the massive one that sent me to er. My question is this, If I have had bad insomnia for the past 7 years and have abused caffiene like 5 cups a day on avg, can I reverse this in the next two years? I must look to resolve my insomnia. Is there anyone who can tell me what chance I have? I am currently on micardis and a water pill or diretic known as hydrochlorazide. I heard it isn't good to take it for weight reasons which I have noticed. I will quit the damn thing myself if I feel it is worthless. I will of course monitor myself to make sure it doesn't affect me negatively. The statement you have regular high blood pressure doesn't do it for me. I want someway to stop the meds one day and be normal again. I already started the oatmeal thing for the past ten days. O.k. somebody say something. My doctor can't figure it out and if you saw me, you would think I was joking. I don't look like I would have it except that I am hyper all the time. Bye, John