View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 04:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/193/160
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Been there done that(meant to follow on WW thread)

Been there done that(meant to follow on WW thread)

I too am ex WW.

I first joined when I was like 13kgs over weight. I actually joined cause my mum was very overweight and needed the moral support.

I got to target pretty easy, I was young, very exercise orientated. My ease really put my mum off and she quit. I did maintainance blah blah blah blah. Year later, I was underweight, then I started gaining weight.

I went back 3 times more to WW and each time got back to goal, and each time after I got there and completed maintaince, I went up.

The final straw was when I was 80kg and cleverly obtained an eating disorder that had me treated as an outpatient in an Eating Disorders Unit. Dunno if I blame WW for that, but I think a lot of the mentality of "if you aren't hungry don't eat - take it as a blessing" kind of thing did have some effect.

One thing I really didnt like about WW was that when you came back, you were used like an example of how you can do it but you can screw it up too. I would be continuously called on to answer questions about "your last time through" etc.

When I decided over Christmas (after one of my friends was talking about her "wonder drug" that fat supressant drug) I felt it was really time to take the whole thing into my own hands and take some responsibility. A year was going to pass and I was only going to be barely lighter than the year before. Life is too short.

My doctor put me on Atkins - he is wise beyond measure.
Sponsored Links