View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 21:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/271/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

thanks again Cath,

My nodule is "cold" no extra hormones there ... in fact, I'm already on thyroid meds. I guess they will up the dose after they remove the whole thing ... but we need to wait for the results from the pathologist before I know how much to take.

I guess if it's malignant I'll need to stop medication altogether while we wait for the hormones to leave the system before treatment with radioactive iodine.

That's a rare possibility ... doesn't really look like cancer, though the right side is inconclusive ... a friend of mine just went through all of that ... and it was cancer.

My doctor suggested keeping the wound covered with A&D ointment while it heals -- at least until the stitches come out -- no crusting he said -- I guess that's to help keep the scarring to a minimum.

I will only be in the hospital one night, too. It's technically "out-patient" surgery ... that night will be spent in the "out-patient recovery unit." Never thought about bringing my own pillow ... could be helpful .. if nothing else, comforting.

2 days left. I'll keep you posted ... how it goes, etc. Thanks again for the support.