View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-01, 21:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Unhappy Hey, Liz.....

Don't be too sad. I'm a really slow slow loser too and (fingers crossed) am just breaking out of a 3-month stall (since Christmas).

Eating low-carb can be more work, especially when you're busy busy. I've been really busy too. I work (mostly) from home, so my time is more flexible, but on the other hand I'm always in the office, so it turns into a 7-day week. Like you, I've been overworking since the beginning of December. I'm also not in the habit of exercise, and when do I have time anyway? Though I agree with Doreen, walks in the spring weather (is it spring yet where you are?) are relaxing and rejuvenating, never mind the fat-burning effect!

For me, it really helps to have plenty of low-carb snacks on hand. I'm not much of a cook (and who has time?), but here are some things I like to prepare in advance and keep around the house:
-hard-boiled eggs (for eating plain or devilling)
-pepperoni (bought in bulk)
-pumpkin seeds in the shell (takes longer to eat!)
-almonds (they're addictive, though - watch it!)
-beef jerky (I make my own)
-a few LC bars or diabetic chocolates, just so I feel like I can have them if I want (oddly enough, they're hardly touched)
-I buy a whole ham, cut it up, keep some in the fridge and the rest in the freezer
-tins of salmon, tuna, etc.
-celery for eating with eggs, ham, salmon, etc.
-pork puffs (which I've just discovered are good in a dip of mustard and mayo)
-La Tortilla low-carb tortillas, bought from our own Island Girl's website

If I think I'm going to be out of the house all day, I pack beef jerky, nuts, and an Atkins bar. I also have an 'emergency' tin of sardines, the self-opening kind, in my pack!

I know it's a drag not being able to grab a sandwich or a muffin when you're in a hurry like the rest of North America does. I resent that too sometimes.

Well, I don't know if that helps. Hope it does.

How long have you been stalled, anyway? Have you checked out the info on this site on stalls and plateaus? Click on 'tips' above.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Rachel