#4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-01, 20:13
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Unhappy hi Liz

Gosh, sorry you're feeling so bummed out right now. I agree with the others, take it one day at a time, and let tomorrow take care of itself. Sounds to me too, that FATIGUE and EXHAUSTION are a big part of the picture too for you. What a drag!

It's true, lowcarbing can be more work, since you have to cook a lot more from scratch. But debbie gave some good ideas for fast things, easy to throw together. Also Karen Barnaby has some excellent fast ideas, just click here Jazz Up Your Induction . You need to be prepared, and plan in advance. Have some lowcarb things ready to grab when you're in a hurry. Sounds too like maybe you're letting yourself get really hungry (??), perhaps not eating something lowcarb before you dash out the door, then hours later you're starving and only Tim Horton's is available. That's happened to me.

If the foods you mentioned are really important to you, is there a way you could work them into your weekly carb allotment?? Maybe, one night a week, plan to have a Carb Addict's style dinner, then eat lowcarb the rest of the time.

And, if Atkins Induction is just too restrictive for you, don't consider it a failure on your part. Like the lowFAT mythology, lowcarb isn't a one-size-fits-all thing. There are other lowcarb plans that may suit you better. Protein Power allows more carbs, and fruits. Carb Addicts Life Plan may be just the thing for you; there are some other members here following the Heller's plan, and having some success. There's the Zone, which is higher in carbs, closer to 80 or 100 per day, but more restrictive in fats and proteins. Sugar Busters also allows more whole grains and high-fiber starchy veggies and fruits, but has you cut back on the fats as well.

Maybe as spring and summer move in, you might have more opportunity to squeeze in a little exercise, even just going for walks. Forget the fat-burning, it's just so darn terrific for the mood and well-being.

Wishing you all the best, and lowcarbing success. You'll break that stall soon, I just know it. Take care ..

Doreen