View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 14:44

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Keep the Faith and Stay the Course

Three weeks is simply not enough time for most people to fully shift gears and settle down into a longtern metabolic pattern.

Do you still have your copy of Atkins? If not, get one. Read the sections on drug interactions and also about stalls and plateaus - and how to recognize a real one from a scale-induced illusion.

Most of the weight you lost in the first week was water. An LC diet is a powerful diuretic as you shift gears.

For the moment, forget about your weight. Ask yourself if you are, overall, feeling a bit better. Do you sleep better? Do you awaken quicker and ready to start your day? Are you generally satisfied with your menues? Do you at least have as much energy as you did before?

Do you really WANT that ice cream? Are you craving it? Or is it just your old reaction to stress and frustration asserting itself. I'll wager it's the latter because, if you have been following the LC plan for three weeks, you have probably broken your sugar addictions.

Ask yourself just what you are really sacrificing and giving up with the LC WOL - and then ask yourself why it is so important to have those things back. You will probably find that staying LC, at the very least for a few months, is not as big a burden as your very natural and reasonable frustrations are painting it.

Keep up the effort and always turn here and to your family for support - it WILL be worth it.

For what it's worth, I'm having to ask myself those exact same questions right now - and the answers lead me to stick with it.