View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-01, 18:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi liz. you sound so discouraged! i feel really bad for you. i agree with norma, to take one day at a time. once you've broken your stall, you could try some legal "cheats". there are all kinds of wonderful lc recipes. some i think need to be saved maybe for maintenance or special occasions. read over the recipes. get some easy ideas. maybe on the weekend you could spend an afternoon making up some things to get you through the week.
as for garlic mashed potatoes, i make faux-tatoes. i've combined several recipes and tweaked it a bit myself. i just love them. so does my family. i add lots of garlic to the cauliflower while its cooking. then i mash it w/butter,creamcheese. i add an egg and then through it in the oven to bake. mmmmmm! way better than mashed potatoes anyday!
stop at the groceries store on the way home from work and grab a cooked chicken from the deli. grab a bagged salad and toss it with oil and vinegar. i understand how tired you must be after a long day. don't give up hope. your stall will break soon and you'll be so glad that you stuck with it.