View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 05:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/259/180 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Well, I used to be 310 lbs and almost dead. I could barely move this 5' 5" frame of mine at 60, with arthritis of the knees, high blood pressure, uncontrolled diabetes (sometimes with readings up in the 600s) and thyroid problems too. The endocrinologyst gave me one more low fat low calorie diet one day and said: Here, you can lose 10 lbs in a week with this. I went home very depressed and tried to do the diet, failing on the first day because I was so very hungry. Then I found out that a family member whom I have not seen in more that 40 years, was living close to me and decided to get in the car and go see her. Well, I could not do it, I could not drive for a long time. My feet were numb and I was having a lot of leg cramps. I remember coming back home and feeling so sad and bad that I decided to go on the Slim Fast diet and see if I could make it. Within 1 week I was in bed unable to function. Blood sugars were very high and I had no energy whatsoever. So I started to research the Internet and it is when I found the Atkins site. Liked what I read and started the diet. The rest is history. I have lost over 70 lbs, my blood sugars are normal, eliminated about 8 of my medications and I am feeling a lot better.

Did not get here listening to my doctos !!! I would probably be dead by now if I had...