Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 10:39
fierce!

Plan: TGDW
Stats: -/-/- Female 64
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionaN
If you put your fingers onto your lower belly, just inside the hollow of your hipbones, you should be able to feel your TA muscle tighten as you do this.

LOL! Who has hollows?! (OK, maybe some day soon.)

This thread is very timely. Early this week I received two DVDs: Pilates Workout for Dummies and Classical Pilates Technique - The Complete Mat Workout Series (Modified Basic / Basic / Intermediate / Advanced / Super Advanced). I also ordered the book, Pilates: Body in Motion so I could be really sure of the moves.

I have watched both DVDs twice and read through the book once. While I am skeptical that Pilates will significantly change my body (I'm used to doing that through lifting heavy weights), I am ready to give it a committed try.

FWIW, the Pilates Method Alliance (the true Classical method as taught by Joseph Pilates and then his successor Romana Kryzanowska) recommends working out only 2-3 times a week for an hour each time.

If I get really committed to this and like it as much as I think I will, I promise to buy myself the Raised Platform Mat for my birthday in March!

I'm in for Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.