View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 19:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/My Own
Stats: 97/83/68
BF:
Progress: 48%

I'm a bit of a compulsive weigher myself. Having failed on so many diets, and having my weight sneak up while I'm not looking, I still tend to be vigilant about weighing myself twice a day to keep a militant eye on things!

Last week I reached a certain point that had eluded me for the last 12 months - I'd get down to .5kg (1lb) over that weight and I KNEW I only had a day or two to wait till I finally hit it - but something would happen and I'd blow it! I'm now 3kg (6.5lb) below that weight and am in fact the lightest I've been in three years. Soooo CHUFFED about that (for all you non-Aussies, 'chuffed' means really really pleased).

I noticed that on high carb/low fat diets, the scales would just show a mysterious weight gain of a pound or two when I'd been SOOOOO good. On this WOE so far, I haven't any unexplained weight gains (none at all in fact) ... when I follow the diet I lose weight - when I don't QUITE follow it or have too much salt or not enough water, then I plateau for a few days. It does what it says it does and there's none of this discouraging crap going on. Can't tell you how many times in the past I ate low fat low cal high carb with lots of exercise only to have the scales GAIN!

Rebecca