View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 15:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/210/199 Male 6ft 1
BF:
Progress: 88%
Wink lisaf and KarenB

After reading your comments, I hear you. I too, am having the same problem. Being overweight all my life and now hearing, what everybody else is telling me, about my weight loss, I am having a hard time accepting it too. I still see myself as fat / overweight. Yeah yeah, I know, reading my stats you can read approx 100-lbs lost but I still see that big body in the mirror. The side view is nice but still see the wide front view. Somedays I feel thinner and others just as big. Even wearing size 36-in waist jeans, down from 46-in, I still don't really see the difference. Have that loose skin thing going on in the waist / stomach area / love handles. Even putting on a pair of my old jeans and having to tie the belt around them sometimes doesn't help. I still feel fat.

So I hear you both. Just a state of mind. Accepting the current size of your body now, will take some time to adjust to I'd guess. I find myself thinking I'm a big guy still, even with friends saying "you've lost enough already", stop it dammit! It will take some time, that's all.

Just my 2-cents.
Cheer, John