View Single Post
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Oct-19-04, 05:54
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

It's impossible for me to do it everyday, my body needs to recover.. Yes, I get a good sweat going, and I can do pretty much most of them, the ones I can't do, I do a modified version. If I can't do as many repititions as the instructor on the tape, I don't do every one of them that is being done.

I don't over do it, but if i really like what i'm doing, i'll stop the tape and do more repititions.

I bought my mat at a garage sale. I got all my tapes at garage sales, and the other's I check out at the library. There are a lot of great ones out there.
On the winsor DVD, they have a 20 min workout, and a 50 minute sculpting one. I do one~~ one day, and the other another day.

Also.... on the oxygen channel is a man that has a progressive yoga show, it's an hour, with commercials. I've taped a few of his shows and will use his tapes as well..

I feel it's important to have different instructors, different tapes, because, not all of them do the same moves. That way, you learn different moves, find the ones that you really enjoy doing, and then one afternoon when you're alone, put on some great mood music and start doing your own thing, and before you know it, you've done an hour of yoga/pilates.

I did that yesterday, and all the twisting i did of the spine, i'm really sore this morning, and not sure if i'll be able to get down on the floor today and do more. We'll see how my body feels.. But yes.. I get a very good sweat going.

P.S. If any of you happen to have cable/dish with the music choices? There is a great music channel called "seascapes." it is perfect for yoga and pilates. And another one called, "sounds of the seasons." Both of these are excellent to close your brain off, and let you exercise at length.

Good luck.. I'm here!