#9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 11:45
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Unhappy

I installed the Real Audio Player before Karen's other interview last month so that I wouldn't miss IT, and nuked my 'puter .. I could only run in Safe Mode till I uninstalled the player, and even the uninstall reset the BIOS clock and calendar back to January 01, 1998.

However, they've already posted about the interview and Karen on the North by Northwest webpage
Quote:
Guest Chefs

North by Northwest is all about creative people and what they create - and food is one of the most imaginative things we can all turn our hands to. In celebration of inspired cooks all over the province, we've invited B.C. chefs to share their insights and Saturday mornings with us on a regular basis. Check out our Guest Chefs and their recipes!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out Karen's recipes for Tea-Scented Fresh Goat Cheese and Biscotti di Vino.

Karen Barnaby was our Guest Chef on Saturday, February 2nd. With Valentine's Day looming, Karen came into studio to give us some pointers on creating a treat for someone special.

Karen is the Executive Chef of the Fish House in Stanley Park. She started her career in her hometown of Ottawa, where she baked carrot cakes and quiches in a pint, four-burner electric stove in the basement of the Bohemian Restaurant. She then went on to work with David Wood in Toronto, and eventually moved to Vancouver. She has worked in many of the West Coast's top restaurants including the Raintree, Harvest Moon Café and North 49. Her cookbooks include "Screamingly Good Food", "Pacific Passions", "The Girls Who Dish", "The Girls Who Dish - Seconds Anyone", and her latest "The Girls Who Dish Inspirations", all published by Whitecap Books.

If you would like to win a copy of one of Karen's cookbooks, send in a story about the first time you made something special for someone you were trying to impress.

You can email your story here nxnw~cbc.ca or
fax it to 604-662-6025, or mail it to:
NXNW,
c/o CBC Radio,
Box 4600,
Vancouver B.C.,
V6B 4A2