Old Mon, Oct-18-04, 10:04
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/274/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz175
What it taught me was to sneak around, not trust my body, eat in response to external cues (what they allowed me) rather than in response to my internal hunger....Parents trying to "control" their kids' eating can really backfire.

well, i dont really understand your point liz. although you appear to want to contradict what i am saying, you are actually proving my point: good or bad, parents control their childrens eating habits. thats all i am saying. the way i grew up was one example and the way you group up, another. they were totally different but ended up nearly at the same place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz175
I talked to my kids about what they needed to eat to be healthy, but not about what they needed to eat to be thin.....All this is by way of saying that it is not so simple to just blame parents for their kids' weight.

this quote is contradictory. it shows that you agree with my view that childrens diets (in childhood) are based around what the parents views on diet are.
when i say "control the way your kid eats," i dont mean lock up the cookies and berate him for eating fries. i mean control how they see food in their lives AND control what you pack in their lunch box and cook them for dinner. whats wrong with that??