Old Sun, Oct-17-04, 19:32
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/274/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperlg
There are grown men and women who couldn't find the "willpower" or "motivation" to lose weight until it was nearly too late.

exactly, wouldnt it be easier to control the way your kid eats while your still the one feeding him???? why wait till he becomes an adult like us and he has as hard a time as we do. you know, i, and probably a lot of us here, were heavy children. did i feed myself????? no. my mother fed me and she fed high fat and high carb everything. i dont blame her necessarily but dont tell me if you only have low carb available the kid wont eat it???? if my mom had low carb (hell even low fat) in the house, i dont think i would have been as heavy as i was. i was not going to start eating the drywall!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperlg
His parents are responsible for feeding him, for taking care of his health, and somehow, somewhere they failed. This surgery might not just be for the boy, but for the parents as well. It might be <I>their</I> wake up call.

hmmmmmm....a shame that this surgery is to help the parents when its the child who will have to suffer through it. god forbid their child dies on that operating table and they have a REAL "wake up call." as in, "i should have tossed that junk food, i dont care if it wasnt for him, i should have gotten it out of the house in case he ate it. i should have just tried atkins, i should have put his health above my convenience and oh my kid would be alive!!!"