Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 17:06
Glutton for Grease!

Plan: Primal-VLC
Stats: 295/190/190 Male 76
BF:don't/really/care
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellistile
If people can feed their epileptic children an extremely low carb diet so they don't get seizures, I'm sure they can tell a teen how to eat (if they really knew how to eat themselves).

Great point! Tell the kid "If you don't stick to this diet you may die (true in this case) and the kid will either care or not care enough to take care of himself. Besides that, while he is a kid the parents are in charge anyway. They could probably help him fix his situation without risking his death in a dangerous surgical procedure that doesn't fix diddly squat. Are these parents just too lazy? Are their doctors this dumb?

Isn't it some sort of abuse to fatten up a child like livestock and then hire someone to butcher him?

I know diet decisions are hard. Anyone who has read many of my posts knows that I am one the worst food addicts in existence. I make decisions every day that influence my health and weight, some good and some bad, but I cannot imagine having surgery just because I lack enough will power to quit poisoning myself. Surgery would not change my state of mind when it comes to food.

Of course we don't know all the facts in this case, but it seems obvious that almost all cases of WLS are unneeded.