View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 15:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

I started LCing when I was 20, and I'm 22 now. I actually gained 122 lbs, going from 5'8" 168 lbs to 6'0" 290 lbs between ages 15 and 17. I was on LF Diets when I was 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19...I could have probably stuck to the first one if I could have just had Red Meat.

Basically, it was No Red Meat/Refined Sugar/Caffeine, Low Calorie/Fat/Saturated Fat, High Complex Carbs, Moderate Protein (Bread, Pasta, Fish, Skinless Chicken, and Baked Potatoes.) The thing that killed that diet was I just couldn't pass up a 16 oz. Ribeye after a couple months with little to no weight loss.

Since, it had already been pounded into my head that the Steak was the worst thing, I figured I'd blown it and got a Pepsi and Fries with it. I really didn't miss the Soda/Fries that much, I just wanted the Steak...and of course some REAL BUTTER [and more than 1 pat worth] on my Baked Potatoes. I don't care what they say, I could believe it was not Butter...

If I'd known about LCing back then, I would've tried it in a heartbeat...and I could probably have stuck to it even back in my early teens. I didn't even know there was anything other than Low-Fat/Low-Calorie for dieting until a friend told me about his success with Atkins and I gave it a try.