Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 13:44
Registered Member

Plan: PPP, Atkins
Stats: 285/274/165
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Much thanks

Hello Natrushka,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I actually just did my measurements now. I never did before I started, silly me. I also made an appt with my MD to have baseline labs drawn, although they'll be late since I'll have been on the plan for a few weeks by then. I've been blessed with low total cholesterol counts. Last one was 139, believe it or not, and triglycerides were 80 if I remember correctly. My ratio of good to bad was not that great though. I'll be curious to see if with the plan my ratio improves. My biggest boost for the WOE and WOL is that diabetes runs rampant in my family, and while I've been blessed with very good health (except for chronic sinus infections to ear infections) I'm getting older and I really don't want to go down that path. HTN is also huge. My old job (oncology RN in a very understaffed floor) raised my BP to new heights and my stress level was off the scales. Since I've changed jobs I've gotten much better, and now that I'm working out and doing the LC thing, I'm feeling very centered.

You are right, loss is loss is loss is loss. I just need to relax and realize that it happens in different ways. I'm still in the old fashioned mindset when I would drop 10 lbs of weight in a week and lose like mad. Iwas much younger then and also very very hungry. This is a much better plan, I know it.!!!!!

I'm off to the gym. It's really yuckie out today. Ice ice ice. They cancelled classes today so I had an unexpected snow day (yippee!!)
and oodles of time to clean and organize and reflect. Love those free days!!!

Sharon